Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Design Development

So I have been focusing on the design for the majority of my time. I am looking to tie it all up before.

I have made a series of changes, , I have decided to bite the bullet and hang the whole of the hangar roof from the pylons which were introduced at review 3. There is a point which needs more structure, at the point where the roof goes from pitched to flat, but that is unresolved, will probably make a little model of it to test it out.

This now means that the terminal buildings are separate structurally. However now I have removed the lattice girder structure from the terminals they are looking a little neglected (See the second image), so they are the next task.

I did some quick exports of where I am :


Overview of the hangar

Kerbside

One 'module' of the terminal structure

Basic section

Precedents I am looking at for the terminals, trying to create a sleek translucent aesthetic which sits underneath the hangar roof structure:







Any thoughts?

Andrew


Update: This is what my terminal buildings are shaping up like:

Terminal Progress



Other Progress 
Edit: Board Layout


No comments:

Post a Comment