Monday, November 3, 2014

Waste Development Framework for Leicester

Hi Sam,

I have found this document highlighting Leicester's strategy for the development of waste materials on the Leicester council website. They go into how planning applications will eventually have to be made with this strategy in place - you would have to show how any materials from demolition would be reused or recycled etc. (see the link to the dropbox below).

https://www.dropbox.com/home/LSA%205th%202014/Veena/141103

I thought it was quite interesting and a good foundation for me to build my argument of recycling materials. I have also emailed the construction company who are working on the Fletcher buildings so hopefully I will have some more information on the materials available to use!

Also, I went to a restaurant this weekend called Caravan... not sure if you've been there.. but they have used recycled furniture from offices and schools for the interior, old desks, chairs, stools from science labs etc.



Thanks,

Veena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment