Sunday, October 26, 2014

Drawing Asthetics

Hi Sam,

I want to draw my plans in the style of the attached drawings which are aeronautical diagrams of aircraft. I think this style could work across all drawings whether plan, elevation, section or three dimensional.

In plan i would label all the components of the city every building, tree species, flight paths etc. What do you think? anything to add?

Thanks,
Andrew





EDIT: First stab at the plan is below, it is finished enough for now (resolution had to be lowered for the blog)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, you might want to shoot me for this, but I don't think I am going to do any site sections... I don't see the point. The scale for a full site section is 1:1000 at A1 width and so you won't really see anything... Instead I am going to show a selection of views from my 3D model. I am not 100% on this route at the moment just wanted to ask the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha, well I see where you are coming from with this approach, given the flatness and big-ness of your site. Great drawings! lovely plan. Sounds good to take inspiration in your drawings from aeronautical drawings. Just keep a check that they are a) legible, b) appropriate for buildings, and occupation (you are designing a 4D space/vessel not a machine.

    ReplyDelete